Alexander “Satim” Timofeev
Interview: 10 questions
1. Tell me something about your educational background
My name is Alexander “Satim” Timofeev. I’m a Designer, animator, digital-artist. The art-director of TOONDRA animation studio(www.toondra.ru). We are working 5 years and now we are the one of few most popular flash cartoons studio in Russia.
2. When, how and why started you filming?
Earlier I worked as the animator and we (with my friend) make our first animated music video for Multfilmy – popular russian boys band
3.What kind of subjects have your films?
Usually we make music videos, advertising, cartoons. Subjects are different.
4. How do you develop your films, do you follow certain principles, styles etc?
Of course. The first is the main conception and style and after that we make storuboards, character’s design, graphics, animation, edition, sound, etc..
5. Tell me something about the technical equipment you use.
Our main software is Flash
6. What are the chances of new media for the genre film/video in general
I don’t know
7. How do you finance your films?7)
We are working with customers for each project.
8. Do you work individually as a video artist/film maker or do you work in a team?
I have a team – TOONDRA animation studio (www.toondra.ru) Before I worked as single artist. Now I have good team of animators. Now working with team is better for me.
9. Who or what has a lasting influence on your film/video making?
All my life
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a film/video maker?
I have no plans. I’m living right now.1 comment